Monday, March 30, 2009

setting the record straight

Well, lets see... I wasnt elected to anything when I umpired little league games, coached football and basketball as a young man. I have hlped out selling beer at the Festival several times over the years, without being elected. I have been the Acting Chairman of the Ecology Board for the past ten months, and that is another volunteer position. I was actively involved in the River Cities Festival Committee last year, and was Co-Chairman until I resigned to run for office this year, both volunteer positions. I am a Friend of Glenn, and have been active in the past with the Historical Society. I have only missed one Council meeting in the past two years and have written numerous letters to the Editors of the Gazette and the Herald. Those are most of my community involvements so far, all without benefit of being in ANY elective office. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: