Saturday, February 21, 2009

I am the first to admit that my construction knowledge and experience is modest- I can 3-4-5 a corner- but, fortunately for me, I have some friends who have over 20 years in the construction business. I rely on them to give me accurate facts and figures on construction projects. While its true that numbers coming from the City are frequently suspect, if anything, I believe that the numbers I received in the FOIs are underestimates of how much was spent on these construction projects. I doubt seriously that the work was completed for less, and that for some reason, they are reporting it cost more. To the contrary, it is probably the opposite. While I am not a construction expert, I AM pretty good at spotting psychological symptoms, which IS my area of expertise. For instance, I can spot denial pretty easily- like a denial that the deepening recession will have any substantial effect on us here in MS. Its either complete and total denial, or stupidity beyond belief, or corruption. You choose. Maybe some of each. Have a nice day. Dr. Mel Johnson

No comments: