Thursday, February 19, 2009

campaign takes shape

An FOI request was made today regarding the full financial information (revenues, expenses, etc.) on last weekends swim meet. I have never been under the illusion that I will receive ALL of the votes in MS. I have pretty well written off city officials, the Mayor and most of the Council, and those crooked contractors that are plundering us with outrageous cost overruns and change orders. I am okay with them not voting for me. Making a decent return of 20-25%, which seems to be the average in South Florida for construction work, is ONE THING. Gouging us with 300%, 400%, and more profits is still another. Its the average residents that I am interested in reaching and I am pleasantly pleased with the response so far. There is a long ways to go yet, but there is considerable cause for optimism at this point. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: