Wednesday, February 18, 2009

campaign comments

It IS amusing to me how people say I am just trumpeting my own horn when I sign a post, and then fuss if I forget to sign a post, BY WAY of their OWN unsigned post! Its a no-win situation with them so I wont try. I do believe that if one goes to the movies one will AT LEAST know what the movie is about! Those who never attend a movie will be hard-pressed to comment on it and will never learn to make one. Likewise, those who never attend Council meeting will be hardpressed to know what the issues are that face our community. They will only know what others tell them the issues are along with that persons biases. When people call me and let me know that my sign is missing, knocked down, turned upside down, or vandalized, and want a replacement, I can be pretty sure they are not the ones inflicting the damages, etc., or taking it down of their own accord. Some of it may be kids, but with our particular history of campaign signs missing by political opponents, it makes me wonder. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: