Monday, February 16, 2009

clarification

Let me clarify a few things. One, I have been posting here for a while now on a semi-regular basis and only in the past 5 or 6 weeks have I been signing my name to most of my posts. There are still times I forget to sign but I think its safe to say I sign more than anybody else does. The idea came from the Gazette editor, to increase the accountibility and civility of the posts here. I thought, and think, it was a good idea and worth a shot. Since I think of myself as a leader and leadership starts at the top, I have been signing most of my posts since then, as an example to others how that idea might work. I realize there are some who fear repercussions from the City Manager if they sign, as they may be city emplyees, do business with the city, or be concerned about zoning or inspection issues, and that is completely understandable. There is a long history of petty payback and politics from city officials here. We cannot be intimidated however, and must persist in telling the truth, as we know it, backed up with all available facts and figures. Some will make their contributions here signed, others unsigned. All should be welcomed if their intent and purpose is to further this American debate and discussion toward the Truth. Personal attacks are not particularly helpful in moving the discussions forward, and often distract from the goals. Criticism of ones positions, facts, rationale, and results in the public arena are fair game. Personal attacks and vendettas are not. I hope this helps to make my positions clear. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: