Saturday, March 14, 2009

commentary

The bathroom numbers of 140k come from a General Contractor with over 25 years experience, are itemized line by line, AND includes a 25% profit in that 140k figure. THAT is the actual cost of building the bathroom. He assures me that 20-25% profit is the usual and customary profit margins for new construction in S Fla. So WHY did we pay 414k+ ??? Thats 280k MORE than the actual cost. WHERE did that 280k go? When I ask Gym he has NO answer, except, "You dont understand". I do understand that 280k of our tax monies disappeared on that project, along with 350k on the CC project. This is what I mean when I say there is NO accountability or transparency in our City government. Is there ANYBODY who disputes these numbers? If so, lets see their numbers, and explanations. 558 square feet each bathroom times 2 is 1116 square feet. Times $125 a square foot = 140k. $125 a square foot is usual and customary building costs according to my insurance company and the GC. I say again- WHERE did the EXTRA 280k go? AND the extra 350k for the CC project? Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: