Thursday, March 12, 2009

a response

I would be in favor of a calculated, rational, and gradual development of the 36th street corridor that would not burden the infrastructure or the residents, yet add to the commercial tax base. My first thought is office condos, where they come here to work, and go home at night. There are a couple areas in town that would be suitable for an office park or similar development. 36th street is not limited in the height required by the FAA as it isnt in their flight path and the building themselves would act as a sound buffer. I have not looked at this in much depth so far, but that is my initial inclination. It seems that the area across from Brysons might be an area to consider for an office park. SOMETHING needs to be done to remedy that eyesore that is consistent with the land use plan. If annexation passes, however, I see no need to rush to develop 36th street, as we will be awash in excess revenues that the Council cant wait to get rid of! Or so I have heard. Dr. Mel P. johnson

No comments: