Friday, March 13, 2009

commentary

I never cease to be amazed at what is written here. I am now accused of being the reason why the Pino project was not done. That claim is preposterous, of course, and has NO basis in fact. How could I, a single resident with no party affiliations or elected status, stop a multimillion dollar project? Absurd. I wasnt even posting ANYWHERE at the time. I did like a couple things about the concept, and the expanded tax base was one of them. However, at what cost? The density would have increased, along with the traffic and congestion. and our already crowded schools would be further burdened. The tradeoffs just wouldnt be worth it for us. For those reasons I favor office condos, where people come to work, and go home afterward. Having some retail and restaurants in this area would also be a plus to increase our tax base and make it more convenient for our residents and business people to have a place to take clients, etc. So, while I appreciate all this phantom power that is attributed to me somehow, as the sole reason the Pino project was not completed, it really is unwarranted. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: