Sunday, April 5, 2009

a discussion ensues

"often you express your doubt about things that are proven fact. that kind of thinking is not productive in public office. there is a saying that goes well with high scale leaders even Lincoln was said to quote it" if you make the "best decision you can with what you know now, no one can judge you negatively later". the fact is decisions must be made. when you have leaders that are always in the "what if" mode. the rest suffer from lack of leadership skills." While I appreciate the rational approach over the rude approach, I am not clear about that which you are speaking of. When I bought my house I did DUE DILIGENCE. I looked at ALL the possible things that could affect my decision - is there termites? is the area low and possibly prone to flooding? is there structural damage? what about the schools in the area? What about financing? can I afford this house? what are the interest rates? etc etc. Anytime anybody makes a major decision, due diligence should be done to minimize current and future risks. Once all the potentials have been addressed, an informed decision can be made, but NOT before. I would be glad to sit down and discuss the issues or we can just address them here, for all to see and participate. I would have no problem with that. Thank you for your kind offer. I will look forward to hearing from you. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: