Thursday, February 12, 2009

Homie

Dear Homer, Thanks for the offer of the beer at Woodys. I DO stop by there every 2-3 months to have a cold one. I will look forward to seeing you there. I know of a good AA program you might consider locally, as I have worked with alcoholics and drug addicts for years and know how brain damage can occur in those populations over time. I apologize if I use too many big words for you in my posts and too many long sentences- I will try to type s l o w l y and use only words a 6th grader can understand. Attention deficit disorder is also a sign of organic "wet brain" syndrome and could be the reason why you cant read long sentences without losing track after 6 or 7 words. Delerious was an interesting choice of words from you, Homer, as DTs (deleriun tremens) is a common side effect of alcohol withdrawal, which could make you an expert on delerious expression, and someone who would surely know it when you saw it. I will yield to your expertise, of sorts. Perhaps the word you were looking for was DELETERIOS, as in" giveaways and forgotten hookups can be deleterious to your continued employment", or "failing to do background and character checks could be deleterious to your already-questionable credibility"? WHOOPS! Forgot. Deleterious means harmful, or detrimental, to ones well-being. Much luck in your recovery. I am currently shooting for 6th grade wording but if thats more than you are comfortable with, feel free to let me know. Duh! Dr Mel Johnson

No comments: