Monday, March 2, 2009

what a fool believes...

There are those who believe I am a fool for believing that there are those in our community who care about their friends and neighbors enough to give them a helping hand during these most difficult times. I believe those disbelievers are in serious error and underestimate our community. I am sure there are unemployed construction workers and handymen and women in our community who would be willing to donate some work a weekend a month to the elderly and less fortunate. It would be a neighborly gesture and could land them some paid work in the process, which would make it a win-win situation. I helped build the playground by the Senior Center many years ago and I saw the willingness and generosity of the Springs people in action there. There was men and women, kids, teens, professionals, architects, IT guys, elderly, carpenters, all ethnicities, and all religions united on that build and I DONT believe that spirit has disappeared. When its for a good cause our clubs, organizations and churches have responded. All we need now to facilitate and complete this project is City government. I believe that the City should take an active role in this project, and others like it. Why havent they? If elected, I will pursue these options vigorously, along with various Green initiatives. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: