Monday, March 16, 2009

commentary

There are those in the community who want to know what contributions I have mede recently. I have been active in the River Cities Festival Committee, the Historical Society, and the Ecology Board Acting Chairman for the past ten months. My plan is to let the people vote on the big issues, as is their right as Americans, and their history in the past on golf course and highrise votes. My plan is to implement changes in our government that will insure that accountability and transparency are present. No more $375 a square foot and $600 a square foot construction projects. I believe the City should take a leadership position on efficient Green and environmental issues. I believe that DUE DILIGENCE should be done before considering any major issues, which entails indepth examinations and discussions of ALL the pros and cons of each and every issue, and ultimately results in the people voting after all is said and done. Those are the things I believe have been missing from our city government in the past, and the things that I intend to get straightened out, if elected. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: