Thursday, March 19, 2009

campaign comments

I voted to get the golf course as a means to preserve the green space for future generations, and have a convenient place for our golfers to play. Although some other candidates may be in favor of developing the golf course, I AM NOT ONE OF THEM. I would have no real problem with an office project across the street from Doc James office tho. It has been an eyesore for our community for the past 20+ years and a 3-story office park with a few retail shops and eating establishments would fit nicely there, in my opinion. The land use plan has been delayed in Tallahassee for months and years and prevents the development of 36th street at the present time. There are plenty of areas amenable to development along 36th street and any proposal to develop ANY areas of the golf course I would object STRENUOUSLY to. Thanks to everyone for their support. We have a grassroots revolution in the works. Dr. Mel P. Johnson

No comments: