Tuesday, February 3, 2009

principle is the same

I have lived here for fifty years, have no kids at the Rec center, and dont mind paying for OUR kids to play and enjoy themselves here. I DO have a problem when I am expected to pay for EVERYBODY else's kids TOO, from outside the Springs! I do not golf either but I dont mind paying the bond because it is a convenience for our golfers AND preserves the green space for the next generation of kids. I also do not mind if outsiders come to play our course, as long as they pay the going standard rate. Ditto the pool. I WOULD have a problem if we gave the outside golfers a 60% discount, while we are losing 190k per year. Same goes with the pool, as the principle is the same. While a steep discount doesnt appear to be happening at the golf course now, it DOES appear to be happening at the pool. How can that be justified? Dr. Mel Johnson

No comments: