Saturday, May 31, 2008

bathrooms and other city fiascos

I went by the bathrooms yesterday and they ARENT open and functioning yet, ten months later. The eletrical meters aren't in and the slopes up to the bathrooms aren't there. I have no real objection to making them wheelchair accessible and I believe they SHOULD be. I OBJECT strongly to paying 3, 4, and more times what it SHOULD cost!! $34,000 sounds like a LOT to me for a couple hundred feet of concrete and some handrails, but I will have my contractor friend look at it for me and run HIS numbers on that job. We are OVER $400,000 on these bathrooms, SO FAR.

Is there ANYBODY in the Springs who has a $200,000+ bathroom? As somebody so astutely pointed out before, you can buy a LOT of HOUSES in the Springs now for 400k !!!! And I believe they will be coming back for MORE MONEY before it is done because there is STILL not water fountains OR a mop sink, as per county regulations. And I wonder who hooked up the electrical and water. More importantly, at what cost was it done?

Its ANOTHER expensive financial abortion from City officials, where WE, the people, have to pay for their incompetence, or worse. WHY would we expect them to do ANY BETTER on a 32,000 foot new gym project????? Its the SAME group of incompetents practicing their incompetency AGAIN with HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of our hard-earned tax dollars, JUST LIKE BEFORE !!! Since there have been NO changes made in the players (and obviously NOTHING learned) for us to expect anything less than ANOTHER financial BATH would be crazy!!!! STOP the craziness!!!

Well, it looks like yesterday was something to do with their website as today it is running normally. I had never seen that website have that particular problem before so its my bad for thinking it was just me that wasnt able to post yesterday.

No comments: