Friday, May 30, 2008

posting postponed?

Well, I posted a couple strong statements of MS.com and afterward found that I was prevented from posting any more. The captchas that you need to read to post were missing on MY computer and it wont take any posts without it. I dont know if it was that way for everybody else but I DID notice there were NO new posts after mine. My posts were in reference to the time needed to complete the CC project (520 sq feet, over 18 months), and the bathroom projects (558 sq feet, each, over ten months so far and they arent functional and operating YET). It asked how long will it ake to build over 32,000 sq feet at THAT rate!!!

The other post was a question to the City Manager- He has said in the past, to justify his LARGE salary, that he spends 15-20% of his time administering the Water and Sewer Dept. Since we are turning that Dept over to the County and he will have NOTHING to administer (?), are we to expect him to take an immediate 15-20% pay cut?

At least the local police arent waiting for me lately when I get home any more. Two weeks ago they were waiting in front of my house, something that has never happened in over fifty years of living in the Springs, until then. At first I thought it might be my neighbor driving slowly in front of my house, as he parties late sometimes. When I got closer and saw it was a police car I thought maybe they were looking for a burglar or something, but their spotlight wasn't on. When I pulled into my driveway they turned around and again drove slowly past my house. It's no use complaining because its just another example of petty small-town politics. The car that followed me out of Bryson's parking lot, 15 feet behind me, down 36 street up to the IHOP, where they turned North, makes more sense now. When I see the Chief next time I will kiddingly tell him that they don't have to wait for me at my house anymore to be sure I make it home okay. It really ISNT necessary. Thanks, but NO thanks. This political education is getting more interesting all the time!!

No comments: