Thursday, July 10, 2008

Festival needs volunteers

There is NO doubt that the Festival needs new blood. Where are our younger leaders? Its not hard to TALK about change, etc. But where are the ones to WALK that walk; help those changes happen? Talk is cheap. Action talks, BS walks. 5The Festival is a great oppurtunity for the community to get together and socialize once a year. It is a perpetual Reunion, with people coming in from out of town and out of state to attend and touch base with their MS friends and memories. It would be a shame to let it die. The Festival torch and tradition needs to be passed on to the next generation. I disagree about last years Festival as I thought it went as well as any other and better than most. I thoroughly enjoyed it as there are 6 or 7 people I get to see that I dont see at any other time of the year, so its a Rolling (Rock?) Reunion for me. Events on the water may interest the younger people and, if so, and the insurance could be reasonably found to cover it, it may be possible. But not without help.

No comments: