Saturday, July 12, 2008

An afternoon at the pool

Went to the Rec pool today and took the 6 yr old. She had a blast on the water slides and the lifeguards were friendly, helpful, and attentive. Locker rooms need some paint and attention tho, and there were no visible signs of any drill instructors barking orders this afternoon.
Mother Nature is what eventually did us in as there was a torrential downpour with thunder and lightning that scared the little one and made her want her Mommy. Yes, therte WAS some loud thunder and lightning but she has been taught by her parents to be afraid of any rainy situation, and she is.
It is a shame really because some of my fondest memories as a child were sitting out on our enlosed front porch and watching thunder storms and hurricanes pass by with my Dad.
My brother's girls were terrified of dogs, even puppies, because their Grandma is scared of dogs and passed her fears along to them. It took a while to help them get over those fears, starting with little puppies I would play with and moving to a little bigger dogs gradually desensitizing them. Now I think they are okay with dogs. Their Grandma? I dont know.

No comments: