Monday, June 9, 2008

money is NO object projects

I have NO problem making improvements in the Springs. I DO object strongly to paying three, four, six, and seven TIMES more than it SHOULD cost to get those improvements. I hear a "money is no object" mentality on some of the posts and assume those comments are made by the Council and/or the City Manager because that IS their attitude. The only people who have that attitude are the ones that are going to profit from that approach. I don't believe the average middle-class Springs resident could, would, or should pay those outrageous cost change orders and cost overruns.
I STILL haven't seen ANY numbers that contradict the numbers that were presented. You can call Poe's rental yourselves to confirm those numbers. And I am talking about having the work done by a licensed GC, not a bunch of local kids. Don't be ridiculous. If you have no clue about what you are commenting on or factual basis for your remarks maybe it is just better to keep your mouth closed and have people suspect you are a fool, than open your mouth and confirm their suspicions.
"Money is no object" is NO FINANCIAL BASIS for running a city, except for those lucky local few that reap the benefits of the TRIPLE billing and payments. I expect those who are lining their pockets at the resident's expense to be in favor of these outrageous projects. At least some of them are upfront about it and freely admit their self-interests; others are deceptive, devious, and dishonest about their profit motives.
After living here for OVER fifty years I see no reason for me to leave my hometown anytime soon. Retirement here looks pretty good to me. It is precisely for the next generation that I protest the wanton wastefulness of this City government. They are determined to mortgage the next generation of kids futures by building this new community center that we don't need and cant afford (during a recession). That makes NO SENSE.

No comments: