Monday, September 14, 2009

DonorsChoose.org

Hey, DonorsChoose.org is about helping out teachers trying to fund classroom projects.

It's like microfinance, where people make small contributions which combine to help kids out.

One effort where I helped has been concluded, I think it relates to Stephen Colbert's use of DonorsChoose to support schools that support military families.

Check out:

I Can See It - I Can Reach It! Pre-K Gets Organized!

"I have the best job ever! I teach Pre-K to 3 year olds from active military families in Texas. I teach 2 half day classes and have a total of 32 adorable and energetic students. I am one of 8 Pre-K teachers in our Title I school that supports the neighboring air force base.

Follow Craig Newmark on Twitter: www.twitter.com/craignewmark

No comments: